Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring !!!

Spring is finally here!

This year I've decided to let Little Man plant something..... but what do boys plant? I didn't know whether to get him flowers, vegetables, fruit or what.

Someone gave us a little table thing (I have no idea what it is lol) it had a little top thing on it but Little Man is a bit too old for it, so I decided to turn it into a planter for him!



Anyway, back to the plant type issue. I finally came to terms with the fact that boys can plant flowers too! So I got a dollar out of Little Mans piggy bank and let him pick out some seeds, he picked some flowers called Sweet William. They look like this once they bloom:


So today he helped me put dirt into his planter and we planted his seeds.


I made him a little watering bottle until I can think of something better to make him for it. I just got a regular plastic bottle and cut a few slits into the top with a knife so he can shake it over the planter and water his flowers.


And his bottle fits perfectly into his planter!



He loved helping me with this! I just hope that the early excitement doesn't wear off and I get stuck taking care of flowers all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment