Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DIY Memory Game

Memory games are fun for kids of all ages, the only downside it that they are all themed to certain things. You can get, Thomas, Toy Story, My Little Pony, Cars, but I wanted something with a little more variety so I decided to make my own memory game with a few of Little Mans favorites!

But first I had to brainstorm, I thought about making cards and laminating them but that just didn't sound too fun. I saw something on pinterest where people made magnet pictures out coke bottle tops and I thought it was pretty creative. The only problem, the pictures wouldn't be very big. So I had an idea to use Gatorade lids. They are the perfect size for little hands to grab at and the pictures would look nice as well.



I picked out a few pictures on Google images and resized them to fit into the lids. You need to print out two of every picture you choose and then cut them out into a circle that will fit into the lid. Use glue to get them to stay inside.

I chose to use Barney, Pooh Bear, a Smurf, Sid the Science Kid, and a Pirate picture.


 

You play just like you play any memory game. Lay all the pieces face down and flip over two at a time to see if you have a match, if you do set it to the side. The player with the most matches wins.

 
We store it inside a nesquick strawberry mix container. It's not the prettiest but maybe one day I will cover it in a cute paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment